Friday, March 22, 2013

I Love You're* Grammar


 *I'm being ironic.



How, people? HOW? How in the world do you still get their, they're, and there mixed up? How do you not know the difference between you're and your? Then and than? Effect and affect? Too, to, and two? THIS IS ELEMENTARY ENGLISH.

Okay, people with English as you second language, you get a pass. But really, English speakers? Really? I don't understand how you don't know the difference yet. Let me break it down for you in little words.

YOU'RE = YOU ARE
YOUR = IT IS YOURS, YOU OWN IT
THERE = IT IS THERE
THEIR = IT IS THEIRS, THEY OWN IT
THEY'RE = THEY ARE
TO = GO TO
TWO = 2
TOO = AS WELL
THEN = THIS THEN THAT
THAN = THIS IS BETTER THAN THAT
EFFECT = CAUSE AND EFFECT
AFFECT = IT AFFECTS ME

Please get it right. For me? I am dying here. Plus, this will get rid of, like, half the red marks on your tests and essays and such.

** I am not responsible for any mistakes due to this post. Plus, if I got something wrong, it's probably because I'm in school right now. Also, I left out its and it's because, lets face it, I never know the difference between those. **

- ellie - fear me. -

3 comments:

Layne said...

You know. I'm like the top commenter on this blog and that makes me pretty darn happy. I'd explain to you the whole it's its shenanigans but then you would wanna strangle me.
But.
Your so cool. You're coolness is so much cooler then theres. Oh look. Theirs a cat. Its to fat. Two bad. Too far cats are cooler than one because than they can form a club that effects they're life.
I'm done.
No for real. Ellie is gonna stare me down.
LOVE YOU. TWO.

Layne said...

That's really supposed to be fat. But you know. Far cats. It could be the new thing. You're welcome Internet.

Ellie Murphy said...

i hate you so much

Post a Comment